By Drew van Esselstyn
For more than 60 years, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) has desired to see the world impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes. And one of the biggest thrusts of our ministry is presenting the Gospel in a way that transforms lives as well as sport.
The places where that ministry is applied, however, isn’t always the same. Often, it happens during Bible studies on the campuses of local middle schools, high schools, and colleges. It can happen in coaches small group meetings. It can play out with travel teams as they impact the community beyond our campuses.
In the summer, it happens most amazingly at FCA camps. That’s where you will get the greatest crash-course on many of the different components of FCA. We value integrity, and young men and women will see that modeled for them by their camp coaches and small group leaders. We value teamwork, and campers probably will have a much richer team experience than they have much of the year. We value serving, and your student-athlete will see that our camps just wouldn’t happen without an army of volunteers.
And we value excellence. FCA is fully aware that the summer camp market is a competitive place. We wouldn’t be in that space if we didn’t feel completely capable of providing a top-notch athletic experience as well as a remarkable spiritual component.
Here are links for this upcoming summer:
- College Camp (college athletes, incoming freshman), May 24-27, North East, Md.
- Multi-sport Camp, June 30-July 4, Kutztown (Pa,) University
- Baseball Camp (ages 12-18), July 21-25, Messiah College (Pa.)
- Lacrosse Camp (ages 8-18), July 21-25, Lebanon Valley College (Pa.)
- Wrestling Camp (ages 12-18), Lancaster Bible College (Pa.)
- Surf Camp (all summer, various locations)
- Sign up today at www.fcanorthjersey.org/camps